The Informed Medical Decisions Foundation publishes this progress report each year on the research and demonstration site projects we provide support to through funding initiatives. This Annual Report may be downloaded in its entirety here.
In addition, this progress report provides an overview of some of our key research and implementation accomplishments over the past year. Here are some of the highlights:
- PUBLISHED 33 manuscripts in peer reviewed journals. This includes a special shared decision making supplement of Health Expectations- “Shared Decision Making: Vision to Reality.” The supplement highlighted results from the International Shared Decision Making Conference.
- DISTRIBUTED more than 20,000 decision aids to date via our primary care and speciality care demonstration sites. In addition, our team has aggregated and analyzed over 2,900 questionnaires from patients who viewed the Shared Decision-Making® program decision aids.
- FUNDED 11 primary care and specialty care demonstration sites operating at 36 unique practice sites and 17 new research grants. We also provided funding for three new grants with the primary aim of examining content delivered in DVD versus a web-based format.
- TRAINED 150 surgeons at Group Health Cooperative in shared decision making techniques.
- PROMOTED shared decision making through 43 oral presentations, 16 posters, 12 publications, 16 symposia, 34 short courses or grand rounds, and 87 oral presentations at national and international scientific meetings.